The China Renewable Energy Scale-up Program (CRESP) has been developed by the Government of China (GOC) in cooperation with the World Bank (WB) and the Global Environment Facility (GEF) to provide assistance with the implementation of a renewable energy policy development and investment program.
It aims to:
1. study the current renewable energy resources status
2. learn from the experiences of developed countries in the development of renewable energy
3. study and formulate renewable energy development policy in China
4. implement renewable energy scale-up development
5. provide cost-effective and commercial renewable energy electricity to the electric power market
6. replace coal-fired generation and reduce the local and global negative environmental impacts.